How to Lose Fat and Gain Muscle – What are the Steps in It?
A Sample Weekly Schedule of Routines and Activities on How to Lose Fat and Gain Muscle
Only a few bodybuilders have an idea how to lose fat and gain muscle. It is easy to get bulked up because all you have to do is to pump iron. However, losing fat seems to be the hard part.
Losing fat takes a lot of self-discipline and effort. It is a universal fact that a lot of fats are burned when one tries to build muscles. What are the steps in how to lose fat and gain muscle?
One way of losing fats is by dieting. Avoiding foods with carbohydrates and shutting off desserts is difficult but necessary. The same is true with staying away from sweets such as candies, soft drinks and even alcoholic beverages.
Carbohydrates from pasta, bread and processed rice must be avoided. Do not eat instant or ready-to-eat food because they usually contain chemical preservatives which include high-fructose corn syrup. The diet should mainly consist of fruits and vegetables, protein foods, fish and unprocessed meats.
Weight and resistance training includes exercises for each body muscle group namely the chest, shoulders, midsection, back, arms and legs. A body builder needs to work out for five times a week for more than an hour each session.
For beginners, a body building expert’s advice on how to lose fat and gain muscle is needed. A trainer will be the one to devise a program which is appropriate for the person.
This is a sample weekly schedule of routines and activities on how to lose fat and gain weight:
Monday – the focus will be the chest
- Bench press – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell flies or pectorals-deck – 3 sets of ten reps
- Incline bench press – 3 sets of ten reps
- Decline bench press – 3 sets with ten reps
- Push-ups – 3 sets with fifty reps
- Core exercises – composed of sit-ups, crunches, leg raises, and dumbbell side-bends
Tuesday – the focus will be the shoulders
- Standing barbell press – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Seated dumbbell press – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Front dumbbell raises – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Lateral dumbbell raises – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Upright barbell rowing – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Bent-over dumbbell extension – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell shrugs –3 sets of 10 reps
- Core exercises – 3 sets of 25 reps, consisted of flat bench crunches, decline bench crunches, and compound crunches on mat
Wednesday – focus will be the legs
- Squats – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Hack squats – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Sissy squats – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Leg extensions – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Thigh biceps curls – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Calf raises – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Donkey calf raises – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Lunges with dumbbells – 3 sets of 25 reps
For the next few days, focus on the remaining muscle groups, doing the corresponding exercises for each region.
With that said, diet is actually the harder part. This is because the way of eating and the amount of food intake will be altered. In a nutshell, the diet plan on how to lose fat and gain muscle would be as follows:
- Protein – 25% of calories from eggs, organ meats, red meat, poultry and fish.
- Carbohydrates – 40% of calories from fresh fruits and vegetables. No potatoes or rice.
- Fats and Fibers – 35% of calories from natural fats, soluble oils and fibrous fruits and vegetables.
- Supplements – protein powder, amino acids and vitamins.